Monday, March 18, 2013

Creating a Balance in One's Life

I'm trying to create a balance in my life but it is soooo hard.   I know that I need to simplify my life so that I don't have so many things that I have to try to balance.  I try all kinds of time management practices and ways to simplify my life and I seem to continue to complicate things.  I need to add morning meditation and going to the gym to my life and it is next to impossible without getting up really early and thus needing to go to bed much earlier.  I'm trying to not neglect my boyfriend but it has gotten harder because I'm spending more and more time in my office working on things.  When he asks me how on earth could I have that many things to work on, I don't really have an answer.  I so want to get to where he is where I just have work I go to and nothing to have to do when I get home in the evening other than the usual cooking dinner with him and eating dinner and then watching television.  Then if I wanted to add a project like something around the house like I want to do, I can.  Instead I stress about all the paperwork I need to do on various things.  Some things are things I should have done a long time ago like taxes for my lost years between 2007 and 2010.  Explaining my lost years would take probably a few posts so I won't go into that now but it has nothing to do with drugs, alcohol, or rehab of any kind.   I have work to do on a client's website.  I need to work on my son's logo and the redesign of his website and his marketing materials.  This I want to do because he is my son and I want to help.  Anyway, my plan is to try and see if I can get more done in the mornings.  So instead of staying up until midnight, I'm going to head to bed soon (It's 10:17pm) right now and then get up much earlier than usual.  That way, I can be up before my boyfriend and maybe get some things done before he leaves for work and then start my morning routines.  I want to add meditation and going down to the gym for at least a 1/2 hour each morning.  The gym is just on the road below us.  It is not very far away at all.  So ... here's hoping I can actually do this!  It is now 10:19pm.  I hope to be in bed and on my way to sleep by 10:30pm.  I'm setting my alarm for 5:30am instead of my normal 6:15am.  I'm going to see if I can get ANYTHING done in that timeframe!  Wish me luck!  Oh wait, that's right.  Nobody reads this nor comments on this blog.  But one day they will!  I just have to have patience and persistence in writing something every day!

No comments: